Bring Your Pet to the Faire
At Robin Hood’s Medieval Faire, we love our furry, feathery, and scaly friends and encourage you to bring them along to partake in the medieval festivities! We welcome all public-friendly and well-behaved pets, including dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets, rats, or lizards.
Pets we don’t allow
We cannot permit livestock, horses, donkeys, mules, or large animals.
Not Sure if Your Pet is Allowed?
If you’re unsure if your pet is allowed or have any additional questions, please contact us at 860-478-5954 before setting off for the Faire. Remember, our priority is to ensure everyone (including our furry friends) has a fun and safe time at Robin Hood’s Medieval Faire.
Come join us and experience a day filled with medieval merriment with your beloved pet!
Rules & Regulations
Mandatory Rules for Dogs:
- Rabies Vaccination: Proof of rabies vaccination is required. This can be presented as an email or letter from your vet, or appropriate and current rabies tags.
- Dogs in Heat: Intact dogs in heat are not permitted.
- Leash Rules: Dogs must be leashed and in control at all times. Leashes should be non-retractable and no longer than 6 feet.
Rules for All Pets:
- Clean-Up: Guests are expected to clean up after their pets. Prevent pets from relieving themselves on tents or booths.
- Behavior: Faire management reserves the right to remove pets or pet owners who are unruly without refund.
- Lost Pets: Pets are not allowed to roam free and should always be on a leash.
Many vendors provide water stations for pets. However, pet owners should bring food and drink for their pets as there is no pet food sold at the Faire.
There is a $5 admission fee for each pet. Service animals are admitted for free, for more information on service animal requirements, click here.
We do not provide pet first aid at the Faire. In the event of an emergency, these are some local 24-hour vet services you can contact:
- Veterinary Emergency Center of Canton, 135 Dowd Avenue, Canton, CT 06019, (860)-693-6992.
- VCA Cheshire Animal Hospital, 1572 South Main Street, Cheshire, CT 06410, (203)-272-3266.
- Newtown Veterinary Specialists, 52 Church Hill Road, Newtown, CT 06470, (203) 270-VETS (8387).
- Avon Veterinary Emergency Referral, 9 Avonwood Rd., Avon, CT 06001, 860-470-7456.