Audition for the Crown Players
Join the prestigious Crown Players, the esteemed acting troupe of both Robin Hood’s Medieval Faire and The Connecticut Renaissance Faire, where a shared passion for history, creativity, and audience interaction come to life. Whether on stage or off, the Crown Players captivate audiences with immersive, memorable performances that breathe vitality into the village.
Regardless of your acting experience, the Faire offers a unique opportunity to expand your repertoire and develop new skills. If you enjoy performing, the Faire will quickly become your stage of choice.
Our talented performers receive professional theatrical training across various stage disciplines, tailored to their roles and experience levels. Some of the captivating disciplines offered include:
- Period Dialects and Language
- Improvisation and Audience Interaction
- Stage Combat
- Vocal Production
Robin Hood’s Medieval Faire masterfully weaves the legend of Robin Hood with the rich tapestry of 12th century England. Amidst the festival, Robin encounters distractions of love, law, and loyalty that create an unforgettable experience for performers and patrons alike. Join us, and elevate your acting prowess to new heights!
The Cast Includes:
- Robin of Loxley and the Merry Men
- Lady Marian Fitzwalter and the Royal Visitors
- The Sheriff of Nottingham and his Cohorts
- Various Townsfolk
2023 Auditions Completed
- WHO: Performers ages 16 and up.
- WHAT: Auditions for the Crown Players Troupe at Robin Hood’s Faire
- WHERE: Courtyard Hartford-Farmington
1583 Southeast Road, Farmington, CT
- WHEN: 2024 are the next signups.
- WHY: You love acting, history, and legend, and want to work with others who share your passion for art.
- PERFORMANCE DATES: Saturdays & Sundays from May 20 to July 2, 2023.
- Saturday & Sunday, April 22, 23, 29, 30 & May 6, 7, 13, 14, 2023.
- Pay stipend: $90 a full performance day.
1. One-Minute Monologue
Please prepare a short comic monologue that you have memorized for your audition. It can be a known work, or one you have written.
In addition you may also include a brief musical piece (no accompanist provided) or a particular skill (i.e., juggling, playing a recorder, stilt walking, etc.)
2. Acting Resume & Headshot
If you have a professional acting résumé and headshot, please send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to bring a copy to your audition.